masterminis.net - where we learn to be a better painter!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Preview: Workshop with Jeremy Bonamant Teboul & news

Greetings my brushlickin' friends!

Quick DVD Update

As you may have seen, we received our shipment of paintingbuddha season 1 DVD sets yesterday - and they look quite glorious! We did a couple of random checks and everything works perfectly fine. Seems like Murphy is on vacation for once ;) 

And thanks to so many of you who did not even wait for next week's comprehensive overview on what the DVD sets contain and went ahead and secured your personal copy right away! You will see that there will be a whole lot of bang for very little buck in store for you! ;) 

A big "Thank You" from your Paintingbuddha team!

We will start shipping by the end of next week. Stay tuned for more information.

Jeremy Bonamant Teboul workshop - preview

Three weeks ago we participated in 2012 UK Slayer Sword winner Karol Rudyk, who - as far as I can tell - has a very unique style of painting miniatures. The review from that workshop is still coming - we were too busy with the DVD set to get it up ;) 

This weekend, at the Battlefield-Berlin store, one of the nicest miniature & gaming stores that I have ever seen (and believe me, I have seen a LOT), we will participate in a workshop held by this years 10,000$ Crystal Brush winner Jeremy Bonamant Teboul. 

My first ever workshop was back in 2007 - in Berlin and with Jeremy as the instructor. So the circle is complete! 

Back in 2007, I would describe Jeremy's painting style as painting with 'homeopathic paint' - water that remembers that once there was a pigment in it. Dozens of layers and glazes later, one could almost see how the color changed slightly ;) But as a result, the resulting blending was smooth enough to make a grown man cry. 

After riding his bike through Africa for two years (yup, not kidding), Jeremy is now back - with a completely changed style. From what I have seen so far, I would describe it as the opposite of his old painting style - a kind of chaotic wet-in-wet technique. We are all very excited to see what Jeremy will actually teach us. 

The workshop mini that you can see to the left is a very fine sculpt - and even though I am not the biggest 'High Elf' fan, that one looks quite epic.

It will be an awesome weekend for sure! Report coming next week.

Games Day 2013 - Memphis Tennessee


We (Ben and myself) are currently working on our Games Day projects for Games Day US and since I got most of my projects built, the workshop will kick off three very intensive weeks of Golden Demon painting. After all these weeks of editing videos of guys painting miniatures I cannot begin to tell you how eager I am on painting for myself ;) 

I just learned that River from Russia will also participate in the Games Day US and we will meet up in Memphis - she's flying east, we'll fly west and meet in the middle ^^

There will be VERY extensive Games Day US coverage on this blog - so stay tuned! 

Everyone have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Great news, and enjoy the event this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uääääh! ;P have fun on the workshop guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure it was Africa that led to Jeremie's change in style - he painted in his 'new' technique when I went to his workshop a few years back.

    Not sure what caused the change, but his new style is very effective!

    I'm very envious - I'm sure you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that is awesome, I have read a few tutorials on glaze painting and that is were I get the majority of my techniques but in no way have the patience to go to that level lol. And good luck with GD :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...